Collection of Personal Information
- The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related legislation (“the DPA”).
- BAA (or any of its subcontractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
a. any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to BAA to register on the website or receive email alerts or other communications from BAA;
b. during any transaction with us; and
c. any other data which you provide to BAA when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- BAA (or any of its subcontractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a colleague who wants to tell you about our website.
Storage and retention of your information
- BAA will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that BAA uses and the security policies which BAA has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Use of Your Information
- BAA may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
a. administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
b. responding to any enquiry you make;
c. subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding BAA’s or any third party’s future services; and
d. for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the BAA website and other services and developing BAA’s marketing plans.
- BAA may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
a. if you have given your consent for BAA to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
b. to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by BAA to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
c. to third parties selected by BAA as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the BAA website;
d. to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure BAA’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
e. (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of BAA and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring BAA to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on the BAA website; and
f. to any individual making a subject information request to BAA.
- In the event that BAA is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant BAA business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom BAA is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on BAA by the third party.
When you submit your personal information to BAA you consent to the transfer of your information outside the EEA unless you specifically indicate otherwise.
- To access certain parts of the BAA websites, BAA may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
b. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
When you visit the BAA website, BAA uses “cookie” technology to try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies BAA uses last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a BAA website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- Recognise when a visitor to a BAA website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- Store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- Collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the BAA website that you visit, and other information about other websites that you visit, to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest-based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests. Some of the cookies used by BAA websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the BAA website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website if you do so.
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that BAA does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.